Service Desk Analyst
Be Part of the Team
We are looking for applicants that have proven experience in the day-to-day management of clients.
With a background in the digital and/or software sectors, you will demonstrate considerable experience in responding to, recording and ensuring the successful resolution of all incidents and requests for services reported by our clients – within agreed and contracted service levels.
What you need:
- Experience of performing a Service Desk Analyst or customer facing role in a similar service delivery based organisation.
- Respond to all clients in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
- Adhere to the defined Incident Management process for the logging, tracking, and resolution of reported incidents.
- Maintain accurate entries of incidents, problems or requests with an appropriate level of detail to enable other support personnel to successfully resolve issue or fulfil the request.
- Monitor the status of response and resolution targets for all tickets logged within the Service Desk system, promptly and proactively escalating items that are approaching their agreed service levels in order to minimise the potential of a breach and subsequent penalty
- Adhere to the defined Problem Management process for the logging, tracking and resolution of a problem that has been identified as the underlying cause of multiple incidents.
- Provide first line technical assistance where possible to enable clients to resolve their issue or request for services promptly.
- Carry out general system administration as required including: setup of new clients/management of existing clients within the Service Desk system; setup of new system accounts, reset of passwords or assigning users to groups, etc. in systems supported by Shout.
- Undertake routine service monitoring tasks and content updates for clients as required.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation to provide guidance to clients on the use of supported systems.
- Contribute to the development of and ensure compliance with defined maintenance and support standards, policies and processes
- Liaise with external service providers as required
- Through escalation procedures, weekly as well as monthly service report, actively support the Client Services team in managing the relationships with our clients, ensuring satisfaction with the services provided and helping to retain the accounts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral – ability to empathise with the client, adept in translating technical issues, challenges or opportunities to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
We'd like to see:
- Experience in the configuration and maintenance of Service Desk tools such as Zendesk – including the addition of new clients, support categories, service levels and definition of reports.
- Experience with ITIL processes.
- Experience in the general administration of web based systems – including the creation of user accounts and applying system security.
- Good understanding of standard Microsoft software applications.
- Understanding of a cloud based as well as on premise computer systems.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the concept of DevOps.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation which is proud of its strong technical background.